Sunday, January 13, 2013

Continuous integration for iOS using Hudson

Lately I've been involved in mobile projects, and CC.NET is obviously not a choice for continuous integration. I've been reading a lot of good comments on Hudson so I gave it a try. It's really easy to install, just download Tomcat and drop the hudson .war file in the webapps folder. Then run ./startup.sh and you have Hudson running!

Well, that's the first part. The second part is configuring your projects. Everything is really simple, I just want to point out that you definitely want to install these plugins:

1) Subversion (or a plugin for your preferred source control system)
2) Email-ext
3) Log parses (this is necessary because Hudson was returning a successful build when it actually failed)

The configuration of these plugins is simple so I won't cover that. You'll get errors for sure but a quick google search will get you around them.

No comments: